KFL&A Public Health has a number of resources available for educators, who will find them useful when they discuss the changes of puberty with their students. To book resources, contact the Resource Centre.
Sex Spelled Out: Volume One—An Overview video (V904A)
Sex Spelled Out: Volume Two—Preschoolers video (V905A)
Sex Spelled Out: Volume Three—Primaries video (V906A)
Sex Spelled Out: Volume Four—Intermediates video (V907A)
Always Changing (D81)
Programs and Services
KFL&A Public Health offers confidential and non-judgemental sexual health services through our sexual health clinic located at 221 Portsmouth Avenue. All testing at our clinic is done non-nominally (the clinic will know your name but any test ordered will be coded) to protect your privacy.
- Drop-in clinics Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. No appointment is required.
- Teen Clinic by appointment only, every second Monday from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. throughout the school year from September through June. Please call 613 549 1232 ext 1212 to book an appointment.
- Sexually transmitted infections (STI) including HIV counselling, and testing
- Treatment of some common STIs.
- Pregnancy testing and low cost emergency contraception (Plan B) for all women.
- Birth control for women under age 19 years, and for women who do not have a family practitioner
- PAP testing for all women over the age of 21 who do not have a family practitioner.