Travel Clinic Service ChangesEffective 12 November 2012
We are making some changes that will:
- increase your opportunities for scheduled appointments,
- decrease waiting times in crowded clinics,
- provide one-on-one visits with well-informed travel nurses, and
- create a more flexible fee schedule.
To accomplish these goals:
- all travellers regardless of destination will need to make appointments,
- all non-government funded vaccines will be given by appointment only, and
- no travel or medical advice will be given by phone.
To book your first or follow-up appointments call the Travel Clinic at: 613-549-2335
You will receive a return phone call with your appointment details within two working days.
Programs and Services
KFL&A Public Health provides expert travel advice and immunization to travellers. Travellers can, by appointment, access all travel immunizations and health information related to their destination. This includes, up-to-date safety alerts, precautions to take with food and water and insect bite prevention. We dispense anti-malarial medication to all travellers, and provide antibiotics for treatment of travellers’ diarrhea to clients over 18 years of age. Travel consultation fees apply for appointments. A receipt is provided to assist insurance reimbursement.
This voicemail phone line allows callers to request an appointment with a Travel Nurse. Travel Clinic staff will contact travellers within two business days
to schedule an appointment.
Yellow Fever Vaccine Centre
As a designated Yellow Fever Vaccine Centre, KFL&A Public Health can immunize for Yellow Fever and issue the International Certificate of Immunization for Yellow Fever that may be required for travel to some countries. A Yellow Fever Exemption can also be issued if medically necessary. Immunization for Yellow Fever is by appointment only, booked through the Travel Clinic Line.